Why We Work Through Other Charities
Why does Indian Umbrella work with other charities to reach there goals? We believe that we should take whichever path results in the most people being helped. We believe that by working in partnership with charities in India, we are able to make the money we send go farther, and help more people. Because we're raising funds for smaller charities that have been established for a minimum of five years, each charity is specialized in delivering one or two types of service. Because of their size and focus, each charity knows how to provide aid in their sectors in the most fiscally responsible and efficient way, ensuring that your money is doing the best it can.
For further information on the individual charities, please refer to the links provided or email our organization and we would be happy to discuss it further.
- On April 14, 1996 in Uttan village in Bhayander, a committed team of social workers, attorneys, doctors, and well wishers joined Mr. and Mrs. Dias to give birth to Amcha Ghar.
- Amcha Ghar accepts orphaned, semi-orphaned, neglected and abandoned girls.
- They work with rejected children, orphans who do not know their origin, children of commercial sex workers, children abused by their relatives, children who have witnessed the suicide of family members, and children deserted due to poverty and hardship.
- Currently working on building a school for children who would otherwise not receive an education.
- Indian Umbrella is currently working with Amcha Ghar to build a school for children who would otherwise not receive an education. Our goal is to send $3000 to Amcha Ghar to have a room built in the name of Indian Umbrella. Currently we have sent over $1000 Canadian dollars, and look to achieve our goal by the end of this fiscal year (2016).